Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Long Strange Trip

Well, not entirely long, and not real strange, but whatever.

So I'm in Detroit until Thursday night. I'm not sure how this will affect my blogging. If they have wireless at the conference center, I'll try to do some live-blogging, but we'll see. So far, the trip is pretty good. The flight was late, but dinner was a baby greens salad topped with crunchy shitakes and chevre cheese, and the entree was a New York Strip Steak with Merlot reduction sauce and porcini ravioli on a bed of sauteed spinach topped with lightly fried onion strips. I like the Ritz-Carlton Dearborn's restaurant. I would recommend it if, for some reason, you ever find yourself in this Godforsaken hellhole.
















A Fun evening in Detroit



On a final note, today at church was the premier of my first ever attempt at recorded music. It's a very simple song, bordering on simplistic (three chords, key of G, lots of repitition), but it was still a lot of fun to do. Garageband is a very handy program. Anyway, I apologize to everyone at church this morning for the fact that your Eucharist music was so bass-heavy. Maybe I'll fix it in the mix. Or maybe I'll just leave it as it is, who knows.

If so inclined, you can listen to it here.

3 comments:

kate said...

Cool! I liked it!

[REDACTED] said...

The ending doesn't need work, you need work. The ending is one of the parts I actually liked. Maybe you should have more than 4 CDs if you are going to criticize my music. Or not, it doesn't really matter. I better go check the ending to make sure it really doesn't suck.

Unknown said...

especially like the guitars and the snare drum work. i thought the ending piano was a new section - was hoping you were going to develop that thought next. if that piano part was in there earlier - would've been cool to solo the piano for a few and then bring the other thoughts you had back in. good job dude.