Monday, April 24, 2006

A Ton of Kit Kats


Okay, my iFriend Jessica, whom I will likely never meet, since I rarely (i.e. never) find myself in Chicago, though I will be there this September for the annual Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine conference and if I go to El Cid, I could potentially run into her, gave me an idea; next month, while I am in Japan, I hereby offer to pick up weird Kit Kat varieties for any one who wants them. If you don't live and/or work near me, I'll also need an address to which I can send them upon my return. No cost to you. Just consider it my way of repaying the world and giving you some potentially disgusting candy. Seriously. This is a real offer. Below, you can find a list of all the Kit Kats that are/might be available. Many of them are limited editions, so I probably can't get them any more. And just so you know, Kit Kats are so popular in Japan that the phrase Kitto katsu translates roughly as "I hope you succeed!"

Varieties that are potentially available:
  1. Original (milder than the US version)

  2. Bitter (62% cocoa)

  3. White Chocolate

  4. White with Hokkaido Milk

  5. White Bretagne

  6. Apple

  7. Banana

  8. Sakura (Cherry Blossom)

  9. Double Berry (combo blueberry and strawberry flavored creme filling)

  10. Fruit Parfait

  11. Grape (mini bars with grape flavored creme)

  12. Lemon Cheesecake

  13. Yubari Melon

  14. Hokkaido Yubari Melon (like above but also with creamy melon flavored coating instead of milk chocolate)

  15. Orange

  16. Passion fruit

  17. Pineapple

  18. Strawberry

  19. Ichigo (Strawberry) Milk (creamy strawberry milk coating and creme filling in the wafers)

  20. Tsubu Strawberry (strawberry coating with freeze dried strawberry pieces and strawberry creme filling in the wafers)

  21. Azuki Bean, Green Tea, and Cream MULTI-FLAVOR (Kakigori)

  22. Café Latte with Hokkaido Milk

  23. Chocolatier Noir (Dark) (dark petits with almond creme filling and dusted dark cocoa powder on outside)

  24. Gold(petits with fudge like covering and dusted cocoa powder on outside)

  25. Matcha (Green tea)

  26. Kir (dark petits with kir creme filling)

  27. White with Maple Syrup (White chocolate coating blended with Canadian (Quebec) map

  28. Chocolatier Wine (petits with red wine colored white chocolate and wine flavored creme filling)

  29. Yoghurt

4 comments:

Sonja Andrews said...

Are you really serious? If you are ... I'd like a #2 and #23 (if #23 isn't out of circulation or anything).

[REDACTED] said...

Yep. Dead Serious. I'll probably end up buying so many that I have to declare them when I come back through customs. It should be awesome. Basically, I plan to buy 5 or 6 of each variety I can find.

kate said...

YESSSSS!! I want the sourish fruity ones, like apple and melon. And definitely, DEFINITELY get me a green tea, if at all possible.
and, er, I will save them 'til after the wedding.
Great idea!
But why stop there -- pick yourself up some whale-flavored ice cream, while you're at it. Have some alcohol with a snake in the bottle. Not a worm -- a snake. It ROCKS! (in theory -- it's not like I would try it.) Or if you're REALLY feeling manly, some of that raw squid that's still moving. Watch out, though -- I hear the tentacles can still attach to your throat, if you're not careful. And that just can't be good.

[REDACTED] said...

Yep. Automotive Medicine. www.aaam.org. I'm not a member but I like to go to the conferences. And I was wrong. It's October, not September.