Monday, April 03, 2006

Live Blogging is For Chumps

Here is my first ever live blog from my conference this morning. It will also be my last because it is dang boring.

9:00 Some dude is calling us to order. I'm not really listening, but I think he said something about biofidelity. We will see.

9:01 Yes, he did. Oh man, I forgot how they read this stupid statement about not writing descriptions of the material in puclic and not taking pictures. I will hear this approximately infinity times over the next four days.

9:04 Here we go. First up, OOP responses of THOR and Hybrid III 50th% males. It is fitting that the first presentation on the first day of the conference is delivered by a monotonous, hard to understand asian guy. That's pretty much the theme of this whole conference.

9:07 Wow! THOR has lower neck shear forces!

9:16 You will never believe it, but apparently, when a force is exerted on the front of a dummy's head, the head will move backwards! Also, can somebody please get in here and fix the sound. I am sick of the feedback, so cut out those mid-range overtones, please. (Actually, I have no idea if that's the right thing to do, but it sounds good, right?)

9:20 Yes! Our first conclusions of the day. I can't believe I'm still awake. I thought I would fall asleep when he started talking about Nij.

9:30 Holy crap! That's my name up there on the screens! I am a co-author! This rules. I hope that this paper will find its way onto the internet so that when people Google my name, they will find it, instead of this blog.

9:31 Ah! Dummy boobs on the screen!

9:32 I can't believe that the presenter just said that Denton is more like a 17 year old and FTSS sags a little more. Now every old man in the room is imagining a 17 year old. She could have said 18 just to make it legal.

9:39 More comments about naked dummies. What is going on here?

9:45 Hm, imagine that. Chest displacement is susceptible to changes in belt position vis-a-vis the boobs.

9:54 Are you all bored yet? I am, but I'm not even yawning. Not being dependent on caffeine is definiately the way to go. Thanks, Lent!

10:01 I can't imagine why the guy from San Diego wouldn't show up here in Detroit to present his paper. What's the weather like? Oh, it's about 45 degrees and raining, why? Anyway, no presenter equals 30 minute break! See ya.

10:16 Check it out, they do have free wireless here!

10:32 I can hardly hear this dude, plus his voice is pretty soporific. I don't know if I can make it through....

11:00 Wha? Huh? Oh man, I drooled all over myself. What's that? Lunch time? Okay!

3 comments:

Mike Stavlund said...

LIVE BLOGGING RULES!!

Bring it back! I, the original TOB devotee, demand more. It's friggin' hilarious. Make your time there count for something, my man.

(oh, and come back soon)

Sonja Andrews said...

wait ... no ... I love the feeling of being in the room and bored right along with you. It's great!!!

Liz said...

I hope that's not the new church computer you're drooling on!