Thursday, April 20, 2006

Don't Get Rich Quick

So, now you probably all want to know what my bad idea for making money is, right? Well, I started thinking about how there are lots of people out there that are selling cool t-shirts, so I said to myself, "Hey, you could probably make some cool ones too, and then sell them and then make some money!" Well, it won't work. How dow I know? Because I am always 6 months to a year behind what's cool. That means, that as soon as I decide to think something is cool, it's not anymore. I know that I would kill the custom shirt industry if I ever joined it. Oh well.

Here's my idea anyway: Maps of cities, but with only the water and parks showing. I would make one for each major city that had a river or bay or sound or whatever. I could do Chicago, or Detroit, or Pittsburgh, or Seattle, or Minneapolis. I've put together a prototype for DC (maybe the coolest one since there are so many parks). I'm also thinking about including the main area code on the back, you know, to sort of represent, yo! But I'm not sure if I would go ahead with that part. And all you lurkers, you better not steal this idea and make your own shirts. I will sue you to kingdom come. And Zach, I could make one for Yakima too, if you wanted. Also, they would probably look better in dark colors, maybe brown of dark grey but my map isn't high enough quality yet.

It's a terrible idea, unless you think it's not, and you want to buy one. They are only 17.95 plus shipping!

DC PROTOTYPE

FRONT


BACK

6 comments:

Mike Stavlund said...

I love the shirt, yo. I could maybe sell a few to my old running buddies-- we love parks!

Aren't 'suing' and 'kingdom come' in mutually exclusive categories, yo?

Mike Croghan said...

Nifty! Buy one I would! One also, perhaps, for my apprentice, young Skywalker! Hmm.

Suing leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to spending eternity somewhere with no rivers or parks. If ears to hear has he, listen let him.

;-)

kate said...

I like! I'll take a D.C. and a Portland, Ore. Would you expand your empire to include European cities? If so, I'd have a larger order to place.
Would the shirt of Yakima have anything on it? Then again, a blank shirt in the series might be the funniest yet, once you got the trend going. And, I like the area code on back. Maybe even up just under the neck part, where some put their logos.

Sonja Andrews said...

I'll take one for Calais Vermont please ... which has several waterways and parks, but alas Vermont only has one areacode for the whole state!!

Rebecca said...

I think all the merchants at Cafepress.com better watch out! This one's sho to blow up!

Mike Stavlund said...

Kate's got a great idea, but I need to give a 'mullet alert'. Put the area code up too high, and those of us with long hair in the back ain't gonna be represen'in', yo.