Sunday, May 14, 2006

Nihon Again Off Again

Well, here I am in Aisho Town (formerly Echigawa) Japan near the shore of Japan's biggest lake, Biwako. Let me tell you, it's great to be here. I just flew in from Washington DC, and boy are my arms tired! Ha ha. Okay, but seriously, if you're ever flying to Japan, I would recommend flying ANA, their service is excellent. During most of the flight there was a "Please help yourself" buffet thing set up in each galley. So you know what that means, right? Tiny sandwiches! I totally made up for the extra price of the ticket (measured in miles/dollar) by eating several tiny sandwiches. Well, assuming that each one cost about $40.

Anyway, I don't have much to say other than I'm here, and I have my camera, so hopefully there'll be a lot of pictures.

Oh yeah, before I forget, Japan is like, the world capital of vending machines. Everywhere you go. Last night, at Shin-Osaka station, I bought a bottle of a Gatorade type thing that tasted like Alka-Seltzer. It was called "Pocari Sweat." It wasn't that good, but how could I not buy it? Anything with a name that unappetizing I'm gonna buy.

2 comments:

kate said...

Mmmmmmm... Sweat.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»