Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bad Poetry Thursday: In Media Res






Wow. It's been awhile since I've written any bad poetry. If I'm ever going to narcissistically self-publish a book of bad poetry, I better get cracking. Also, it will be a best seller, so think how lucky you are to get to read it here first for free! Actually, if you wouldn't mind just going ahead and paying for it right now? Just $11.95? I could really use 4 Broccoli-Cheddar bread bowls from Au Bon Pain about right now. I would go up to the roof and drop them onto the sidewalk. That would rule.


A Long Road to Whole
by Schuyler


There are a few things
I care about like
diamond-studded cufflinks
and untenable solutions
I care for Apple Jacks
A great deal.

It is the rumbling
thunderclouds
that cloud my thoughts
with non-diamond-studded cufflinks
and approximations of the whole
a startling example of
practicality incarnate
from southwest
a large and greedy
seven-headed monster
gazing out of 10 grey eyes
and four green

When he gets here
it will be a long time coming
will have been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»