Sunday, July 10, 2005

Well, one outta five ain't bad...

So the fifth and final Worship for Justice meeting took place today over by the White House. We missed it. And this time we didn't even have a good excuse, but I'll give a few anyway.

  • We didn't leave Vienna until after the meeting had started.

  • We couldn't find a parking spot near Lafayette Park.

  • Brickbaby fell asleep on the way and he looked too cute to wake up.

  • It was hot.

  • Hey, we went last week, what more can we do?.


  • Unfortunately, none of those excuses make me feel any better. I mean, people are suffering and dying and I can't even make it to a "rally" to support them and un-support their tormenters? Ahhhhh, America. The land freedom not to give rip if you don't feel like sitting outside in the heat.

    Even though I didn't make it today (sorry guys!) I'm still a firm believer in the cause. I hope that Dubya listened today, and I hope there's something that can be done. By the way, World Leaders (that means you UN, and EU and USA), now that this series of five gatherings is finished, I expect Justice (with a capital J) to be delivered ASAP. Ideally by the end of next week, though this isn't a firm deadline. And if I don't see it, I'm going to ask to speak to a manager. So you all better shape-up, ya hear?

    No comments: