Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bad Poetry Thursday



Since I've recently broken with tradition, in that the last "Bad Poetry Thursday" poem was not penned by me, I will scoff at that tradition and post some bad poetry that is so bad I could never hope to write anything approaching it.

The Fear

by Jim Morrison

Eternal consciousness
in the Void
(makes trial and jail seem almost
friendly)

a Kiss in the Storm

(Madman at the wheel
gun at the neck
scape populous & arching
coolly)

A barn
a cabin attic

Your own face
stationary
in the mirrored window

fear of restroom's
Tragic cold
neon

I'm freezing

animals
dead

white wings of
rabbits

grey velvet deer

The Canyon

The car a craft
in wretched
SPACE

Sudden movements

& your past
to warm you
in Spiritless
Night

The Lonely HWY
Cold hiker

Afraid of wolves
& his own
Shadow

4 comments:

kate said...

Now all we need is for William Shatner to sing it. I'm quite amazed he didn't write it himself.

Sonja Andrews said...

That was so bad I couldn't even read the whole thing.

Sonja Andrews said...

... And yet, I notice your song o'the day is by The Doors ... and your good poem is definitely from the 60's ... so ... is today "Flashback Thursday"?? Retro Day?? Very good tho ... I like themes.

[REDACTED] said...

The songs the last two days were actually supposed to refer to the whole Katrina thing.

As for today's poem, it's a long story. But here it is anyway. I was listening to TMBG's Apollo 18 album on the way to work and I was trying to figure out when it was released (1988 I think), which led me to think about their John Henry album, which led me to think about a song on that album that cops the first lines of Howl. Huh, I guess the story wasn't that long after all.