Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Listependance Tuesday




This will be phenomenal. Really. You are phenomenal.


Things My Son Said To Me Today When He Wanted To Draw on Our White Board



  1. I want to color!

  2. I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT. Please?

  3. I WAAAAAAAAAAANT IT!

  4. I want to color, daddy!

  5. AAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA

  6. It's my turn, daddy!







Bills I Paid Today



  1. Mortgage

  2. Condominium Fee

  3. Cell Phone

  4. Paxton

  5. Mr.





On Last Night's Baseball Game (See more tomorrow)


  1. Teams Playing: Washington Nationals and Florida Marlins

  2. Cost of tickets: $7 each

  3. Cost of tickets with service charges and fees: $12.50 each

  4. Seat Section: 532

  5. Reason for attending: Deadspin field trip

  6. Number of Deadspin readers and/or writers talked to: 0

  7. Number of home runs hit by Soriano: 2?

  8. Number of complete at-bats I watched: <5

  9. Walks taken with aforementioned son: 2

  10. Innings pitched: 5

  11. Should you take the metro to the game: No

  12. Opinion on naked babies: Neutral to negative

  13. Best thing on concession menu: Cheese Cup ($1.00)

  14. Beers that count as "Premium": Corona, Heineken.

  15. Attendance: 100<, <1,000,000

  16. Winner of the President Race: Lincoln, oh yeah!

7 comments:

Rusty said...

You could have ditched the family and went to the Deadspin after-party at 18th Amendment which was quite ferocious.

kate said...

Naked babies? Aren't you just begging for a golden shower at that point? In public? Ye gads.

[REDACTED] said...

Rusty: In general, ferocious partying is very limited when you have a toddler. It's a fact of life.

Kate: To clarify, I don't know whose baby was naked, just that some drunk girl was badmouthing naked babies. She pointed (slurred) out that my son was cute mostly because he was clothed.

Rusty said...

Yeah, I know how it is. My favorite (youngish) professor has a toddler now and he can't go to any of my ferocious house parties and he's all, like, "I have a kid and babysitters are expensive" and I'm all, like, "You've changed, man!"

Moral of the story: I learned nothing in college.

[REDACTED] said...

Dude, your professor (you invited professors to house parties?) is only half right. Good babysitters are expensive. I bet he could hire Brenda for about a buck fifty.

Anonymous said...

whats the mr. bill??

[REDACTED] said...

You know, "Ah Mr. Bill! Getting run over by a steamroller! Ahhh!" From old-school SNL? He was some little clay(?) dude that kept getting mangled. Yeah, it's stupid. sorry.