Thursday, August 11, 2005

Who Wants to Go?


So, since the brickwife has come down with some sort of illness, I'm stuck with one extra ticket for the Kings of Leon/Secret Machines/Helio Sequence concert at the 9:30 Club tonight. First band starts at 8:15. Who wants to go?


UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

With the help of Mr. Fantastic I talked the brickwife into going to the show!!! Mr. Fantastic and his wife Stacy stayed at our house to watch the brickbaby. I hope they had a good time and didn't mind that our house was kind of a mess. Anyway, we had fun at the show, but I'll save the details for a full-on review later today!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey, no fair! We were supposed to get the baby! Okay, you guys owe us one... those sneaky Stavlunds get all the fun. ;)

I'm glad everything worked out and I hope you had a great time. :)

Sonja Andrews said...

Yeah ... you got to go with Maggie. I'm happy now. I was bummed out and feeling really bad for Maggie (and a little for you too). And really wishing there was something I could do from 600 stupid miles away. So ... the big question is: Did the venue help the Kings? Is my theory about them correct? Well? huh? huh? Is it?

[REDACTED] said...

Deanna, we're really sorry! Still though, if Maggie is getting sick, Levi might already be contagious, so we still would have felt bad about having him share a house with Keenan. All in all, we really appreciate everyone's willingness to help!

Sonja: Yes your theory was correct. The KOL KILLED last night. It was so good.

Sonja Andrews said...

I had a feeling about them. I still need to listen to their album sometime (hint hint). There must be something there, if U2 picked KOL to open for them. But they sure couldn't handle the venue when we heard them ... just ask Mr. Fantastic about his experience. How were the Secret Machines? We listened to them earlier this week and really liked them ... reminded me of Pink Floyd on some songs, U2 on others, and then Styx on one ... very interesting stuff.

kate said...

We ALL need superhero monikers! Except it might dilute the power of those who actually deserve superhuman monikers, such as Mr. Fan'tic. So, never mind.