Sunday, January 01, 2006

Tears Are Falling

It's a sad day here in the St. Lawrence household. I'm not even sure if I should be writing this right now, given my current emotional state, but I'll go ahead.

We lost one of the six today.

I knew it was a possibility, what with the precariousness of the situation, but I never thought it would really happen. I just don't know what to do.

The first thing I saw was the sock, soaking and dark. I thought "Hmm, that's odd. I hope nothing is wrong!" But it soon became clear that something was terribly wrong. A closer inspection revealed that around a third of the lifeblood was already gone. The damage was irreversible. I had to take my precious friend and pour the remnants of her soul down the drain.

I'll miss you Alaskan Amber #5. I hardly knew you, but I already loved you. I promise that in the future, I will make sure your kin are more crashworthy. The Brickwife and I will drink a toast to you tonight with your brothers and sisters.

We miss you.


2 comments:

Sonja Andrews said...

Yay!! He's back ... joy is back in Mudville!!!

kate said...

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!