Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Lizst Tuesday




All of These Things That I Have Done (And Two I Haven't)


  1. Visited the ruins of an ancient civilization in the American Southwest while suffering from mononucleosis and got some kind of puking disease from brushing my teeth with non-potable water.

  2. Tutored insufferably rich and ungrateful brats, and one insufferably rich sweet girl with overdemanding parents who will one day (maybe already) drive her to outlandish rebellion, on strategies to beat the SAT.

  3. Climbed Mt. Adams

  4. Trained myself to have a wicked good jump serve in order to intimidate the opposing teams in our recreational volleyball league.

  5. Ran Hope Bible Fellowship's Children's Church program for about a year while in college.

  6. Played a solo for my high school band's annual competition. I totally nailed the solo too. Even the judge singled me out for awesome.

  7. Got in a fight at a bar in which I broke my friends rib.

  8. Flown to Detroit, inadvertantly driven through the ghetto in a Buick, eaten dinner at Outback Steak House and flown home the next morning.

  9. Played an entire season of baseball without striking out. Until my very last at bat.

  10. Driven about 380 miles in one day on about 7.5 gallons of fuel.




Finally, a couple of notes.
First, please notice that it is American Idol week over at the Song O' The Day.

Second, Maggie, you're not allowed to guess which ones aren't true.

8 comments:

WMS said...

I guess 1 and 3 aren't true

Mike Stavlund said...

barfight.
baseball.

Maggie said...

I can't believe you put #6 on the internet, you !*%$!#.

Maggie said...

That is quite a nice change, but you didn't have to do that. I wasn't really mad.

kate said...

Dangit! All right, what was the original No. 6?
Sheesh. I WAS going to comment as if all these were true. Now I can't very well comment at all. That sucks.
But, if No. 4 is true, my already high respect for you just went up a couple notches. (but, since you're a parent, I'm guessing you're not actually in a rec league. Yes? No?)

[REDACTED] said...

So, between Mike and Israel, all of the nontrue entries were covered.

And Kate, number 4 is most definitely true, though it was back in good old Moses Lake. Ask Maggie sometime. I was the fear of the league when I had my jump serve going on!

Liz said...

Darn, I was going to guess #5 just because that was the only one with a link. I thought maybe you would through in something really realistic, link and all, to throw us off. Guess I give you too much credit ;-)

[REDACTED] said...

For the record, I never climbed Mt. Adams (though I did almost throw a link in that one too, Liz) and I've never been in fight of any kind, let alone a fight in which I broke someone's rib.