Monday, June 05, 2006

A Very Important Medical FYI

I just got off the phone with the "Hold" system at Georgetown Medical Center. Instead of music, they play informative medical tidbits. Today I learned something shocking and vital to our survival as a species:



"Veins are a critical part of your circulatory system."



When I heard that, I was utterly astounded. I had no idea that my veins were critical! No more badmouthing my veins for me, that's for sure. Up until this point I had been using my veins basically as an onboard storage system for snacks and stuff. When I wanted a nice afternoon bite of candy, I would slice one open, and out would pour the goods. No more.

Please, let everyone know about this world-changing discovery. Spread the word on menus nationwide.

Again, here is the message from Georgetown University Medical Center:



"Veins are a critical part of your circulatory system."

1 comment:

kate said...

I thought this was very funny, by the way. It's the repetition that really makes it.