Friday, October 28, 2005

Rawlly Practisum Firedog






I'm sorry, but some people just have the stupidest tatoos. Has something like this that looks like some kind of crappy new age painting that you might find on a cheap pack of tarot cards ever been cool? That'll look pretty sweet in a few years, I bet.

This reminds me of a friend of mine. I really love her, she's a great mother and all, but she once got a tattoo of, are you ready for this, a tiger......holding a rose.....in its mouth. That had to be the tackiest thing ever. To be fair, she did have it covered up by another tattoo. A tattoo of a pair of light blue angel wings. That's like selling your 1985 Chevy Cavalier and buying .......a 1986 Cavalier. Maybe it was okay in 1987, but 2004? Nope. Malissa, if you're reading this, I'm just kidding around.

If I ever get a tattoo, which I won't but I'm just saying, it will be on my stomach. It will say "THUG LYFE" in fancy gothic-style letters. That would look so awesome when I'm 75 and hanging out on the beach. Yeah, Thug life baby.

3 comments:

kate said...

My question -- what WOULD a good tattoo be?
In the hopes that my mom does not read your blog, I'll admit that I have, at times, wondered what I might get tattooed on my person. And where. I never had a good idea, which is probably the biggest reason I don't have one. I knew a guy once named Felix who had a Felix the cat tattoo on his ankle. I thought that was kinda cool. But, yeah, if the best you can do is angel wings or your sorority's Greek letters... Best not bother.

[REDACTED] said...

My vote goes for any kind of fruit or vegetable. They are always cool, and who knows, maybe in 50 years when natural veggies aren't available any more you can say "well, when I was kid we loved vegetables so much we got them tattooed on our asses."

Sonja Andrews said...

I'm with your sister-in-law ... I want to comment on your "Thought o' the Day" ... which I loved on the day that "Scooter" Libby was indicted. Very nice! I don't know if the two were actually connected, but .... still, very nice. And, your soup link goes to some Japanese Onion soup ... very weird, but I found the pumpkin soup recipe anyway, using the handy search function. Smart I am.