Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Lazy List Tuesday



It's been awhile since I posted a "random thoughts" blog, mostly because it's a stupid blog cliche, but I don't care. I'm doing it today because I feel like it, and for some reason my head won't stop spinning long enough for me to make a cogent post about anything else. So here....


  1. Okay, the song “Fix You” off of Coldplay’s X&Y album may be ridiculously trite, but it still is one of the best produced songs I’ve ever heard. Here’s the thing. On X&Y Coldplay are shooting for Epic (with a capital E) on every song. Unfortunately, they usually miss. On Fix You, however, I think they hit it. I love that they have about a half dozen tracks of guitars, another half dozen of piano/organ/keyboard and another half dozen of vocals. I would ad a little more reverb and echo to the drums, but other than that, the production is top notch. It’s just too bad that song also contains both of the following lyrics: “Tears stream down your face, and I will try to fix you,” and “When you lose something that you can’t replace, when you love someone and it goes to waste, could it be worse.” I’m sorry, but those are terrible, terrible lyrics. It would be bad enough if they were in two different songs on the same album, but to be in the same song? That is just unbearable.

  2. Holy crap! Is it Tuesday already?

  3. I have a good job and all, but working is stupid. It’s especially stupid when your little son is awake and you have to leave for work and he’s sitting there on his mother’s lap looking at you with the saddest eyes and screaming “No, daddy! Stay here, stay here,” and you have to look him in the eyes and say goodbye and walk out the door. That sucks.

  4. I wonder if I could dunk on a 9 foot rim? Probably not.

  5. Mmmmm, Gushers!

  6. Why not make Lenten practices/disciplines a year-round thing?

  7. After helping to move a bunch of high-quality/high-cost audio equipment, I have to wonder: are there people that can truly hear the difference between a shielded cable and a non-shielded cable? Those tiny, tiny fluctuations lie so far below my JND threshold that I would never notice in million years. And if those people do exist, how do they not get distracted to the point of anger constantly by the imperfect aural signals we are all bombarded by every day?

  8. My favorite pen in the whole world is the Vision Uni-ball Fine in Black.

  9. Whenever I read arguments on the whole Objective Vs. Subjective mélange, be it about truth or art or whatever, I can’t help but find myself thinking that there should be a third option for certain people on both sides: Sobjectivity, meaning that you are both objectively and subjectively an SOB.

  10. Whoa, I’m dizzy! That is so weird!

1 comment:

kate said...

1. Matt agrees.
3. Hey, you and Maggie are doing such a great thing by having one of you stay home with Levi. What a great sacrifice you're making. It's so much worse (I think) when I have to leave Lizzy with a bunch of people she has no reason to care about.
4. I couldn't dunk on a 7-foot rim. I tried once. It's humbling.
6. Aiiiieeeee. 40 days is plenty, thanks! But, point taken.
7. HAR! Good point.