Tuesday, December 05, 2006

If You Don't Watch Out It'll Stick To You

You almost assuredly did not notice that the previous ten posts all had titles that were, at best, tenuously connected to the content of the posts. That's because we were bored around these parts and decided to use a lyric from each of the songs in the amazing 1977 self-titled album by the Roches. We are not joking when we say it is amazing. The three-part harmonies and audio verite guitar are to die for. So anyway, now all our posts will have titles taken from each of the 11 songs on Cream's Disraeli Gears, in album order.

Here's where you come in. You get to bitch about how inane this is. You also get to suggest albums for us to use after we have 11 posts (10 more) from Disraeli Gears. If no one responds with album suggestions, we will take that to mean that you would like us to use the same title every time. Fair enough?

4 comments:

Rusty said...

Wow, you didn't go with Appetite for Destruction? I am amazed by your restraint.

[REDACTED] said...

I was thiiiiiiiis close. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

OK. TMBG would be fine. But there's always Wipers, Pere Ubu, Velella Velella, West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, Yuka Honda's solo stuff, or Disco Inferno's DI Go Pop.


p.s. Schuyler, what does "doxophilic" mean? I got this comment on a Plato paper that says, "I'm not sure you appreciate him - the philosopher's reaction against doxophilism." Since you're now word of the day guy, I thought you could help.

[REDACTED] said...

Hmm, doxophilic? I don't know. I've got some guesses, but this is exactly the kind of word that should be a word of the day. Not "vapid." Anyway, I would guess that it means something about loving beliefs or knowledge or opinions? Let's see....

Well, now I'm not sure it's even a word. If it ain't in the dictionary.com, it ain't a word because I am too lazy to check anything else. But still, I think I got the gist right. Right?