Tuesday, November 28, 2006

List Tuesday: Old Industrial Skyline



Things That Demoralize Me



  1. Death of A Salesman

  2. Diet A&W Root Beer

  3. Flocking like a herd of cattle off the Metro

  4. Too-small pants

  5. Sinning

  6. Flame-retardant logs

  7. Not living on the West Coast

  8. When someone says "turn that frown upside down!"

  9. When someone doesn't say "guess what? Chicken butt! Fried in grease, want a piece? Maybe a turkey?" or something similar

  10. Cold underwear and socks with holes in them

  11. BMW drivers

  12. Firecrackers going off right beside my ear

  13. Getting kicked out of a bar for starting a cake fight

  14. Not having any more pie

  15. Peak Oil

  16. Peak shirts

  17. Peak coffee

  18. No coffee

  19. Frozen tundra

  20. Not going to Arctic Circle for lunch

  21. This one guy I met

  22. Selfishness

  23. When you wake up and look at the clock without your glasses on and you think it says 3:20 and you think "yes! I can sleep for another 3 hours!" but then, 10 minutes later, the alarm goes off and you realize that it actually said 6:20, not 3:20

2 comments:

kate said...

Please, to explain No. 13.
I've been to the Arctic Circle in Yakima! It's the only place I've seen an Arctic Circle in the past two decades, at least.

[REDACTED] said...

It almost happened when I threw a piece of birthday cake in my drunk friend's face and he retaliated. Matt Hasselbeck (I don't know his real name, he was just a bald, angry bartender dude) got all pissed off at us. But he didn't kick me out. So there was a slight exaggeration. Sorry.