Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pickin' A Crazy Apple Off a Stem

You know what I like to do a lot? Well, yes, that, but it's not what I was thinking of. What I was thinking of was that I like to come up with grandiose plans for stuff that will take the world by storm only then not ever do anything with it. Trust me, it's just as easy as NOT coming up with grandiose plans and doing something with it. I've done that way more. Anyway, when I first heard that we would probably be moving to Detroit(ish) I thought to myself "you know what this town needs? A guerrilla sticker campaign that reminds people to be nice to each other! I could design some stickers in regular size label format (2"x4") that people could print out at home and then put up in Metro stations, at bus stops, in parking lots, wherever! Then, other people would read them and realize that they should be nicer! It will change the world."

So I came up with all these stickers (okay, all but one of these stickers since my friend Kirk actually came up with the slogan for one of them several years ago and made some shirts that said it) and planned to start putting them up. I was going to start an underground, emergent organization called you≥me. But I never did. Now you can not put them up too! Feel free to not print out as many as you don't want to and go out and not put them up in Metro (or whatever the light rail mass transit system is called where you live (i.e. "your carpool" in Seattle)) stations, bus stops, hallways, etc. You can also not design any additional ones when you feel like not changing the world one person at a time.

Bah.













2 comments:

kate said...

I love them! Except the misspelled possessions one. But, you know. The concept rocks. I love the use of the 'is greater than or equal to'. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

i don't even know how to respond to this. i've thought up so many "good ideas" and never did a thing with them. but i wrote them down and still have them in a drawer...where they belong...those slogans are pretty good...start with just one...this reminds me of the site: http://www.you-are-beautiful.com/ basically they have these stickers that say,'you are beautiful' and if you send them a bunch of stickers they will send you a bunch of theirs. then you can go out and take photos of the places you stuck them. i did it and i've since not stuck one sticker on anything. i keep trying to think of a big elaborate 'campaign.'