Friday, March 24, 2006

Return of the Snake

That's right folks, for the first time in over four months, I am publishing all new, original sucky comics! Today I will treat you to two of them, along with some accompanying thoughts that may or may not be related. I'll probably throw in a random picture too since I am artificially trying to rack up a lot of words in one post.

Without further ado....



I actually drew this one way back in the day (click on the picture to see it bigger) but never got the chance to publish it. On second thought, maybe it's good that I never published it, because I'm not sure that it's any good. Maybe frostbitten homeless people aren't a good subject to make stupid comics about. Oh well. Myabe that will be my new thing, lampooning the destitute! Hey, I make up for it by buying 5 or 6 Street Senses a week! I can do whatever I want!




This one is like jazz. If you have to ask, you won't get it. So don't ask. Because I don't get it. I drew it, but I don't get it.


Now, unfortunately, those two are all I have for today. Maybe I'll try to draw some more soon. I haven't been inspired lately so don't get your hopes up.


Now, on to other things!

Just so you know, my good friend Drew (we have never met or corresponded in any way) and his wife Natalie Dee have a new comic out there: Married to the Sea. It's sort of a one note comic, but it's a really good note. Sort of like a song that only uses the chords D, Dsus, and D7. It's really just one chord, but it's an excellent one.

So, who watched themselves some basketball last night? Didn't you think it was ironic that WVa was beat by a desperation three? That's been their modus operandi all season, so much so that it's even been given an eponymous name "getting Pittsnoggled." What a heartbreaking turn of events, though, for West Virginia. Just when it looks like they've got Texas Pittsnoggled, Texas turns around and Pittsnoggles them. Ah, irony, she is a cruel mistress after all.

And how about the end of the UCLA/Gonzaga game? How does UCLA score the last 11 points? How does Gonzaga miss everything they shoot? How hard was Adam Morrisson crying? Speaking of crying, let's talk a little about it. Is it acceptable for big-time athletes to cry on the field/court/pitch/whatever? I say yes, but only because I like to see them brought down a notch or two. I mean, how can we ever raise our boys to be tough, manly-men who never cry and never hug their fathers, they only shake hands (like that kid in the Army commercial. He's a REAL man) and bottle their emotions up inside? Well, not all their emotions. Anger is perfectly okay. Nobody would be dogging on Morrisson if he would have kicked over a water cooler and threw something. But if he cries, it means he's soft and will never make it.

Speaking of Gonzaga, this is how I'll work in Random Picture Friday. Below is a picture of what I think Morrisson's kitchen in Spokane will look like tomorrow.

If there is one thing that I have learned in life, it's that nothing makes losing feel better than a bunch of Natty Light and some Rolling Rocks.

One more basketball note (sorry, I know this isn't a Sports Blog, but I can't help it) my beloved Washington Huskies play Connecticut tonight. It should be a good game, and I guarantee that the Huskies are going to win. By the way, what's the over-under on the number of times the announcers mention that tonight's game features the Huskies playing the Huskies and that Washington is playing in Washington? I'd say 7.


Guess what? I'm going to Rehoboth Beach tonight! This will be my first experience of East coast beaches. I hope they rule. I'm a little concerned that we're going to a beach with "Hobo" for a middle name. Well, the middle part of its first name, but you get the idea.

I think there should be a law.

If a tree falls in the forest, but it falls because beavers chewed it up and then it falls on one of those beavers and it starts screaming (or whatever kind of noise a beaver makes) does it make a sound? I'd say yes.

Did you know that if you arrange the letters of the alphabet in reverse alphabetical order, the G would become silent?

The average Oreo cookie contains three days worth of the recommended daily allowance of fat.

It is a very good trick to try to kick a soccer ball backwards over your head but to actually kick it right into your own face, because nobody will see that coming!

If you had to fight off 10 zombies and you had to choose either a baseball bat or a golf club to fight them with? I'd go with the golf club for two reasons: 1) it's got a longer reach. 2) Saying things like "Wow, I really hooked that one!" or "Oh man, I'm buried in the rough again!" as you whacked a zombie's head would never get old.

I wish I knew somebody that had six fingers on each hand. Unfortunately, as far as I know, I don't know any mutants.

If there is one thing I could change about myself, it would be my tendency to.....ummmm.....I don't think anyone wants to hear this.

I would eat Hebrew National all-beef franks every night for dinner if I could. They are the best hot dogs in the history of the world. Maybe that's not saying much, but still.

Have you ever gone into a public restroom and noticed that two of the three stalls were full so you just change your mind that maybe you didn't need to take a dump after all? No? Oh, well, me neither.

Don't forget, today is the first day of the rest of your life. Just like yesterday was. And tomorrow. So don't get your hopes up.

10 comments:

Ryan said...

Another Washington State sports team will lose a big game tonight. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mason makes it farther than Wash.

Sonja Andrews said...

I want to see your data on the Oreo cookies ... that sounds slightly suspicious.

Sonja Andrews said...

BTW ... Hebrew Nationals are very good and I used to think they were the best too. But have you tried Nathan's? They're even better.

I wonder how much of the RDA of fat one of those contains? hmmmmm ... I don't think I want to know.

kate said...

Oooooh. Ryan was right!
You're totally off on the Oreo thing, and you know it.
I'd do a golf club, though I'd rather have an aluminum bat. Is that an option? I think of metal as lasting longer than wood, in terms of zombie-spattering.
I thought that six-fingered hands were actually a genetically dominant, er, thing. Though I never did understand how that could be. So, does that count as a mutation? I think it might not.

[REDACTED] said...

Hmm, good points all around everyone.

As to the (W)Huskies losing, we all know they got jobbed by the refs (goaltending anyone?) just like the Seahawks did. They also got jobbed by Mike Jensen and his all-time stupidest foul in the history of college basketball.

Yes, I am way off on the oreo thing.

Even an aluminum bat doesn't have the reach of golf club. Somebody want to do a calculation of the energy content of the two during a swing? The bat will weigh more, thus will have more energy at equivalent speeds, but you can really whip the head of a golf club around.

And Sonja, I may just have to try some Nathan's dogs.

Maggie said...

Three Oreo cookies have 11% of your fat for the day. Still kind of scary when you think that if you manage to go through 28 cookies (come on it's possible you know it) in one day, that's 100% of your fat for the day.

There are quite a few dominant genetic traits that are really rare. If you remember back to Punnet squares in high school biology, if one parent has the dominant gene your chances of having it are 50%. And, no one can be a carrier without exhibiting the gene.

kate said...

Right -- but that doesn't make you a mutant, if I'm understanding it correctly. A mutation would be something entirely new/different. Well, maybe it had occurred before elsewhere, but my point is that it's not a genetic thing. (right?)

WMS said...

the huskies and the seahawks will be back. it's just a rash of officials with year-long blindness. 2007 is the YEAR OF SEATTLE!

Maggie said...

It depends on what you mean by mutant. Genetic disorders (and some good genetic traits) are caused by gene mutations. I'm not sure what would cause one to become an x-men style mutant.

kate said...

It would take a comic book writer. I mean, seriously.