Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bad Poetry Thursday




Today's genre is hopelessly pessimistic self-aware wallowing in self-pity from a suburban american perspective.



Where Do You Want To Go Today

by SJSTL


The plastic cups of coffee
And glittering overhead track lighting
Smother our glorious auras in
Modernity

Escape is not feasible.
Resistance is futile.
As if by hidden signal
We jump how high

Oh well.
Let’s just go to Home Depot.
I hear they have some washers on sale.
We can buy one with our home equity loan.

3 comments:

[REDACTED] said...

Oh, there's nothing wrong with home equity loans. I didn't mean to imply that there was. I just thought that they were a very common thing that a lot of people have but don't really think about very much, or maybe spend too much time thinking about.

kate said...

Ross took the words right out of my mouth...
Actually, my first thought was, Silly Schuyler! You can't put coffee in PLASTIC! It would melt and the drinker would consume some dangerous stuff -- it gotstabe styrofoam or paper.

[REDACTED] said...

Umm, Kate, what about those plastic (thermoset, I'm pretty sure) travel mugs? You can put coffee in those, right?

Also, and I know this is hard to believe, not neccessarily everything I write is mocking or demeaning. Just so you know.