Monday, April 16, 2007

A Watch With A Minute Hand

Due to an unexpected day off from work, I've got some extra time. What's the best thing to do with extra time? Yep, go to the library, check out 6 movies and watch them. I was going to write a post reviewing each of the six movies, but I couldn't wait more than 3/4 of the way through the first one. It's called "What the (Bleep) Do We Know. Putting it into the same post as Network, Chinatown, Duck Soup and Bonnie and Clyde wouldn't be fair to anyone.


The Review

PLEASE DO NOT WATCH IT. It is the worst movie in the history of the world (even worse than Practical Magic if you can believe it). How it ever got more than 1 star on Amazon is as beyond me as any little grasp of science is beyond this movie. It's like watching the crazy chef character from Beakman's World explain the ideas from a Deepak Chopra book. If that doesn't put you off, how about this? The main message of the movie is that anything wrong in your life is your own damn fault because you are thinking wrong and are addicted to your negative emotions. The Holocaust? Yep, those European Jews brought it on themselves because they really were addicted to the persecution. (No, smartass, Godwin's rule doesn't apply here because I didn't specifically mention Hitler. Crap!) Same goes for those negative thinking idiots in Darfur etc. And to add to all these horribly mis-guided ideas, it's a crummy movie. I mean, it really just sucks. Note to the filmmakers: if you are going to have interviews in a movie implying that these people know what the hell they are talking about, you really, really, really have to put their names on the screen or else I'm just going to assume they are a bunch of phonies reading from a teleprompter. This is essentially the polar opposite of a real science movie. I've never agreed with censorship, but if all copies of this movie could be loaded onto a rocket and fired into the heart of the sun, the universe would become a better place. Maybe by positively thinking, I can make it happen. *closes eyes and meditates on breaking the laws of physics as taught to do by this movie* Damn. It's still playing. What a bunch of baloney.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE.


A few choice quotations -

    "I'm taking this time to create my day. I'm affecting the quantum field."

    "You are a God in the Making"

    "God is the superposition of all spirits."

    "I can influence space itself. I am responsible for all those things."

    "It is my belief that our purpose is to be [something idiotic that I couldn't hear because I have no category in my mind to understand such a nonsensical statement]"

    "Everyone is God"


P.S. I'm going to start praying to You today.

P.P.S. I know what the (bleep) they know. They know how to make a God-awful synth-heavy soundtrack.

P.P.P.S. Oh, oh oh this is too good. One of the "experts" is a teacher at, I can hardly say this with a straight face, Ma....Maha.....Maharishi University. ROTFLMAO.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! Who knew boredom could lead to such a fantastic find?! I LOVE your blog! I just found it whilst searching via blogger's 'next blog' feature. I'll be stopping by more often!

Anonymous said...

Do you think they gave Marlee Matlin an Oscar because the Academy didn't know she was actually deaf? After watching this, I would like to think so.

Enjoy Chinatown.

~Rusty

nichole said...

did you notice that that ramtha chick got her degree from "the ramtha school of divinity"?

i saw this like 2 years ago... but i still remember that vividly.

god that movie was terrible.

[REDACTED] said...

I'm sorry to hear that both of you have seen this movie. Like me, I assume you are both dumber for having watched it.

But "Ramtha?" That's made up, right? That can't actually be a real place.

Shel.F. said...

You know this movie played in Seattle for like 3 months, right? Doesn't that make you miss Seattle less?

No? Yeah, me neither.

Anonymous said...

You have absolutly no clue at all on how to judge something. But that's the way humans do this. They get it out of the context, then they try to measure it, because they really do not have the possibility of grasping the entire truth. They hang on on the things they see as important. Neither this movie, nor your ideas(until you change your perspective)could ever explain or reveal what is really important. This movie really tried to explain and to shed the light of a different perspective on life, and at some degree it was successfull, but not complete. There are things that are so much important than the poor jews being killed in the Holocaust(i see that you wanted to show how considerate you are about this, but really do you even care for that? do you think about this and at least shed a tear for them? no i think not) the death of man in an accident, the golbal warming even, etc. This are little tragedies, and their importance is only increased by the importance given by you, me, him, them, etc. SO TRY CHANGING YOUR PERSPECTIVE.
DO NOT TRY TO JUDGE THE THINGS AROUND YOU.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSABILITY ON HOW YOUR LIFE WILL GO ON
BE MORE MATURE.
LIFE IS SO MUCH MORE THAN YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.

THE MIND READER