Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Bad Poetry Wednesday

A Long Time Coming
by [REDACTED]

It's been a long time since
I rapped at you
Since we talked together
About this, and about that.
It's been a long time coming
This conversation
I want to hear you and have you hear me
We can
We will be us and be unafraid.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
I have gone to hell
And I'm still waiting to come back.
Tell me what have I missed?
What is new and lovely?
How are you and how is the world?
What new horror is here?
I hate all the things I cannot change.
I can hear the horn blowing in the distance
A twisted concerto written on the wind
It is beautiful and haunting
A horrible wail and plaintive sigh
My mask is slipping
Tell me where did you go for so long?
I have gone to hell
And we are still there.
Hear the hobo's lullaby.

No comments: