Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fifteen Four and A Double Run for a Doz

You totally won't believe this, well, maybe you will, but I totally played in my first ACC-sanctioned cribbage tournament last weekend. I got worked over like a iron horse shoe on a blacksmith's anvil. I went 8-14 with 17 points and 1 skunk. But I was about two standard deviations outside the mean in terms of age, senility and probably incontinence, so I had that going for me.


I'm going to try again in September and I'll let you know how it goes.


It will go exactly the same only hopefully with some more beers to calm my nerves.

1 comment:

kate said...

CRIBBAGE TOURNAMENT??

Oh, that's frickin' awesome.
Yeah, my 90-year-old grandma would probably beat the pants off most of the people there.
Maybe you can blame your relatively youthful futility on less lifetime opportunity to practice?